Hi, I'm Aleksandar
I'm a coder, a musician, beyond the ordinary
There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning. - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Who am I professionally?
My process of solving problems and delivering software is based on understanding and researching the problem based on the criteria, requirements, and specifications, after which appropriate technology and approach are applied.
My experience has thought me to focus on one task at a time and I believe that quality comes from focus and understanding of the problem. I'm not a big supporter of multitasking (unless under pressure) because it simply can't deliver the results of a focused mind.
I'm driven by building software that people love to use and nothing drives me more than the feel of thousands or millions of people using something I've helped building. I find great pride in this and even greater responsibility.
To share how I feel about software and the process of its creation, I'll share two of my favorite quotes:
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute." - Harold Abelson, Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"I like my code to be elegant and efficient. The logic should be straightforward and make it hard for bugs to hide, the dependencies minimal to ease maintenance, error handling complete according to an articulated strategy, and performance close to optimal so as not to tempt people to make the code messy with unprincipled optimizations. Clean code does one thing well." - Bjarne Stroustrup, Clean Code
Who am I as a person?
I'm a very positive person and since I was gifted with such internal mechanism, I try to share it with others. I believe that the biggest killer of motivation and productivity is negativity and bad vibes. To do good work, to produce good music, to be a good team, good energy is required.
What did I work on?
Keep in mind that I'm always trying to keep my CV more or less relevant, therefore, I often modify it in a sense that if some technologies or experiences become irrelevant, I will simply remove them from here. I will keep those that I find relevant for the positions that I might be interested in.
Airtame May 2017 — PresentSenior Software Engineer
- Working in the application team, responsible for building a desktop application for ChromeOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux. Application is running on more than 500 000 computers worldwide
- Supporting and contributing to internal UI library built with web components (Stencil)
- Working with several different teams when necessary, design, support, content writers, sales
Thinkful Feb 2016 — PresentTechnical Expert & Career Path Mentor
- Teaching modern web development stack
- Preparing students for interviews and Computer Science related subjects
- Assisted curriculum team with providing better teaching materials
SOFIA Ltd Nov 2015 — Feb 2017Senior Software Engineer
- Worked with Eduard Siregar, NASA scientist, and Math / Physics professor. Had an amazing journey and a chance to learn from one of the most impressive intellectuals I've ever met.
- Built the prototype of the AI agent along with several graph data models using neo4j and MongoDB (used neo4j doc manager to convert flat MongoDB documents into graphs)
- Built the proxy-like API which "mapped" the SOFIA engine to the web and exposed it to the Frontend Angular application
- Built restful API which "mapped" the SOFIA engine to the web and exposed it to the Frontend Angular application
- Built the entire Frontend application in Angular 1.4 along with several libraries to complement specific use-cases we couldn't find in the community. The application was mainly feeding on the Node API and was completely decoupled. Authentication was done using JSON Web Tokens and security using some community built modules
- Participated in business decisions, market research and investor relations
Cirons Nov 2015 — Jan 2016Senior Software Engineer - Consultant
- Part time assistance and guidance during technical accelerator in Helsingborg, Sweden
- Refactored the entire frontend application from jQuery to Angular
- Application profiling and security audit
- SCRUM planning
UPBIS Oct 2013 — Oct 2015Senior Software Engineer
- Developed next-gen B2B marketplace that disrupts how companies do trading and communication online
- The application was built using MEAN stack with some additions like ElasticSearch and Redis
- Helped with the market research, market validation and applied all the knowledge from Lean Startup and the knowledge we gained through 6 months of a technical accelerator
- Participated in startup demo days and pitched directly in front of investors
Hyper Studio (sole-trader) Feb 2012 — Sep 2013PHP Freelancer
- Worked as a web freelancer on freelance.com and freelancer.com
- Built a massive PHP website for the company in Australia which is no longer operating
- Built some services using C# and started personal game project
SweaSAT Jan 2009 — Nov 2011Mid-level web developer & Network Administrator
- After a short internship in Belgrade (Beotel), I got hired as the main Mikrotik network administrator and web developer
- With my team, I successfully configured and routed 16 wirelessly connected access point stations in a radius of 55km. Access point stations were stationed on the highest solitaries and water towers in town, being directly linked to each other, distributing internet either using Omni or Pacific antennas
- Configured radius and log server
- Directly worked with customers and companies, making sure we provide enterprise safe and stable internet
- Built static and dynamic websites for local enterprises
- Optimized SEO and Google adwords
Computer Science and Business Communications 2012 — 2015University of Technical Sciences Empirica
- C++, C#, .NET
- Four modules of Cisco CCNA
- SCRUM and Agile Development
- Server administration with Windows Server and Debian
- Business communications
Besides my university, I have successfully finished all the free MIT courses on computer science along with CS50 from
Harvard. I did this mainly to refresh my memory on CS related subjects and also to utilize free resources and learn
from top universities and curriculum in the world.
Think Accelerate Sep 2015 — Nov 2015Think
- Lean Startup
- Business operations and negotiation workshops
- Various business workshops
- Project management